Where do you find new music? Maybe on the radio, certainly online through Spotify, Soundcloud, or blogs, at a concert where a band you weren't very familiar with just blows you away, or maybe one of your all-time favorite acts finally drops something new and you fall in love with them all over again. Whatever the source, great new music has a way of exciting us, helping us get through the day, and eventually becoming part of the soundtrack of our day, week, month, year, and maybe eventually our whole lives.
Over the last couple of years, I've made it a priority to seek out new music from anywhere I can find it, and then keeping track of my favorites each quarter, my only requirement being that they had to be officially released during that calendar year. At the end of the year, I force myself to narrow all of those great new songs down to the top 20 which affected me the most this past year. You can find my lists from each quarter of 2017, as well as 2016 over on my Spotify account.
What were your favorite songs of 2017?
You can check out my favorite songs of 2017 below :
1. The Greeting Committee - She’s A Gun
2. Foo Fighters - The Sky is a Neighborhood
3. Effee - Lying
4. White Reaper - Judy French
5. LPX - Tremble
6. Declan McKenna - The Kids Don’t Wanna Go Home
7. The National - Carin at the Liquor Store
8. Ron Gallo - Put the Kids to Bed
9. Wolf Alice - Beautifully Unconventional
10. Spoon - Hot Thoughts
11. *repeat repeat - Girlfriend
12. Queens Of The Stone Age - The Way You Used To Do
13. The Cordial Sins - Under Fire
14. Mainland - I Found God
15. Alvvays - Plimsoll Punks
16. The Shins - Name For You
17. Maybird - To The Stars
18. Booty&theKidd - The Road
19. LCD Soundsystem - i used to
20. Cold War Kids, Bishop Briggs - So Tied Up